Apple Mail is a mail service that is included with a variety of Apple devices, including MacBooks, macOS operating systems, iPhones, and iPads. It provides a threaded messaging environment in which the user can react to a message without having to create a new one. The messages are organized as conversations, and when you click on a message, it displays all of the discussions associated with it.
If you’re buying a new Windows device and want to shift your email to a new platform, you should switch to a Windows-compatible email program like Outlook.
The task of converting an MBOX file to a PST file – Apple Mail to Outlook migration – can be perplexing and complex for most users because there is no direct technique or method to do it.
Manually Migrate from Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook
Manual migration necessitates the use of a few more tools for a variety of reasons. Apple Mail saves mailbox data in MBOX format files, while Microsoft Outlook saves mailbox data in PST files. The straight method to convert MBOX files into PST.
However, software such as Eudora and Outlook Express are necessary. Because manual Apple Mail to Outlook Transfer is a multi-step procedure, we’ll go over each stage one by one.
- Apple Mail MBOX File Import
- Make an MBOX file.
- Messages to Outlook Express Import
- Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook Mailbox Import
Step 1: Import an MBOX file from Apple Mail.
On a Microsoft Windows system, you can convert mailboxes from Apple Mail to Outlook and its various versions, such as Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2016, using this manual technique; follow the instructions below:
- Start Apple Mail.
- To import mailboxes, go to File > Import mailboxes.
- Select Files in.mbox format from the Import Data From the list and click Continue.
- On your Mac, look for the MBOX file in the specified location.
- Click Continue after selecting MBOX.
- Click Done after the process is finished.
Step 2: Create the MBOX file
- To convert Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook PST format, you must first install the Eudora application for Windows.
- Replace the extension with.mbx.
- For instance, XYZ might be renamed to xyz.mbx.
- Place the (.mbx) file in Eudora’s directory.
- To move the file to Eudora’s directory, navigate through this path.
- C:Program Files (x86)/Documents and Settings (x86)/Program
- OualcommEudora Application Data
- Select the.mbx file in the Eudora application.
- The file will be produced once you close the application.
Step 3: Open Outlook Express and Import your Messages.
- To begin, open Outlook Express.
- Click on the File tab, then Import, and then Messages.
- Click Next after selecting Eudora from the list of email clients.
- Select the XYZ.mbx file (for the presentation) and click Ok.
- After that, select Next > Next > Finish.
Step 4: Import your Outlook Express mailbox into Microsoft Outlook.
- To use Microsoft Outlook for Windows, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Outlook > Microsoft Outlook
- Select the File tab, then the Open section.
- Select Import and Export from the drop-down menus.
- Click Next after selecting Import Internet Mail and Addresses.
- Choose between Outlook Express 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, and Window Mail.
- Click Next after selecting the Import-Mailbox checkbox.
- Done! The manual migration from Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook is complete, and you can continue to use the same mailbox in MS Outlook that you had in Apple Mail on Mac.
Automate your Migration from Apple Mail to Outlook.
The manual method, on the other hand, is effective. You will obtain the intended result in the end, but the disadvantage of free methods to convert MBOX to PST files is that the entire migration process will take a long time to finish, and you will need to download additional software such as Eudora and Outlook Express. Setting up these additional applications for Windows would take even more of your valuable time, lengthening the procedure.
As previously indicated, the manual migration approach yields the desired result, but it does not assure that the MBOX file’s integrity and hierarchy are preserved.
To avoid all of these instances where data loss is a possibility, it is suggested that the migration procedure be handled by a professional. The application will not only assist with data loss and file integrity, but it will also save you a lot of time by providing a wide range of features to improve your entire migrating experience.
On the internet, MBOX to PST is a remarkable find. The program simplifies the migration process to only a few clicks. The overall time necessary for migration is effectively reduced by the option of picking a single MBOX file or numerous MBOX files for migrations at once.
You can also use the program to add filters to mailbox folders based on their relevance, which helps to reduce the overall file size after migration, and it works with all versions of Microsoft Outlook.
The transition from Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook is not simple, and it may be complicated for some users. To avoid an unknown loss, step-by-step execution in the stated order is recommended. You can also use a professional Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook migration program.