In many situations, when people send to print, they usually get blank sheets within the print row. Usually, this happens in very small printers or is usually used at home. Still, this is a waste of time for those offices or cafe-internet, just as there is also wear and tear on the printer’s parts even though it does not print anything and only a blank sheet comes out.
Refill ink in the canon cartridge
- Cover the work area with several sheets of newspaper to prevent damage from spilling ink.
- Place the cartridge on the table with the label in front of you. Lift the label with a cutter very calmly, as it uses a strong, watertight double-sided tape, so you risk damaging it and not being able to reuse it.
- Make a hole with a small drill in the position shown in the figure, even using a heated wire.
- Now insert the needle halfway up the cartridge oblique into the hole you created. This refill operation would be best done before the cartridge is completely exhausted so that you still have a fresh, non-dry print head.
- Slowly inject the ink into the cartridge until the syringe is empty instead. While you are refilling, the ink starts to come out from the filling hole. Stop injecting, withdraw some ink into the syringe and allow time for the pad to absorb the ink. If you see that it doesn’t fit anymore, it’s time to stop. Return the remaining ink to the syringe inside the bottle.
- Put the syringe and needle back in their cap, so that it is ready for the next refill
- Dab the spilled ink in the refill point and the holes in the upper part of the cartridge using a Scottex cloth.
Why does my printer print blank pages?
The most common cause of canon printer reset tool is a lack of ink. However, although this is the first point to consider, there are other causes (failed connection, lack of space on the hard disk, clogged injectors).
Is the printer or device causing blank prints?
If your printer is printing blank, there can be two possibilities: the problem could be with the printer itself or with the device you are trying to print from, i.e., your computer, tablet, or your cell phone.
To find out if the problem is in the printer itself, you can try to print directly from the printer without a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
If you have a printer without a scanner, print a report from the printer screen, and if your printer does not have a panel, press the home button three times in quick succession. how to reset canon printer As soon as you have the photocopy or report in hand, if the printer continues to print blank, the problem is with the printer. Otherwise, the printer has nothing to do, and the fault is probably in the device.
What if the printer prints white and there is ink remaining?
Now that you know the most common causes why your printer can print blank, the next step is to check and eliminate until you find the failure to fix.
Make sure you are printing from the correct software
What software did you use to open the document you want to print? As you have indicated, this may be where the error lies. Open the document with software and check if the problems are the same because the solution can be as simple as that.
Check printer settings
Let’s do two simple checks:
- From the computer, go to “Start”, “Print”, “Properties”, “Paper”, ” Advanced options”.
- Now, from the same place, follow these steps: “Start,” “Print,” “Properties,” and “Page Setup.”And here, you check that the orientation of the paper is correct.
The driver may not be sending the commands it should to the printer. What do you do then? Uninstall and reinstall it. If you saved the installation CD, the easiest way is to use it again. The CD will detect that the software is already installed and offer the option to repair or uninstall it.
Look in the computer’s settings for “Add/Remove Programs” and uninstall the printer software. Well, once uninstalled, to reinstall it, you have to use the CD or, if you don’t have it, download the most recent version of the software from the brand’s website.
Make sure the correct paper is being used.
Not all printers support all types of paper, so you must check that the paper used is compatible with your printer. It is best to consult the manual.
Check hard drive space.
Pages may be blank due to a lack of hard disk space. Remember that the hard disk must have at least 2 GB free to be able to print correctly. Go to “This PC” and check the availability and capacity of the hard drive.