QuickBooks is a popular accounting program that is another option for startups to small and medium-sized firms that do not have a large workforce or a robust finance department. It saves resources and time for its users while increasing their productivity. Although, the program includes a plethora of applications and resources that permit its users to fix several typical errors on their own. One such tool is a QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. This tool can assist in the resolution of a wide range of errors in QuickBooks Pro, Payroll, and Premier including data files, data recovery, repair, download, and upgrade, among other things.
Well, if you are looking for a quick guide on how to download, install, and use this tool, you have come up in the right place to gain some knowledge. In this post, we will discuss all the small details of this diagnostic tool.
What is a QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is specially created to correct 6000 series errors like 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 83,6000 304, and H series errors. Users can establish an adequate connection with other applications like QuickBooks company records and QuickBooks Database Server Manager with the help of this function. This Diagnostic Tool is only compatible with Windows 7,8,10, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. This can fix multi-user and network-related errors that occur during accessing a company file.
Nevertheless, It only supports QuickBooks 2008 and updated version, along with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0 and updated version.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool can be downloaded, installed, and launched by users to fix any alert or error messages that might occur while you are installing the QuickBooks Desktop program. It is also known as QBNetDiagTool.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, and so on.
Benefits of Using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
This tool has some great advantages. Let’s get into it to know the features of this tool.
- Supports diagnosing various QuickBooks errors that are seen at the time of installation of QuickBooks software.
- It also supports fixing the errors faced by the users.
- Saves time and effort for the users.
- It makes the process of resolving errors easy.
- This tool helps you to resolve unexpected errors and multi-user in QuickBooks software.
- Nevertheless, it also fixes errors where employees make certain entries that don’t get updated on QuickBooks.
When Should You Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
You can use this Diagnostic tool if you see any of the below-mentioned errors.
- When you are facing problems related to Quickbooks Database Server Manager or the QDSM is not a working issue.
- It can be used when you need to fix corrupted, broken, or damaged QuickBooks Files.
- If you are unable to update entries.
- When your QuickBooks files are infected by any malware or virus.
- You can use this tool to resolve the 6000 series and H series errors in multi-user mode.
- This tool can be used when the vendor and customer lists are empty.
- If the firewall has not been updated and is not compatible with the version of QuickBooks you are using.
Errors Resolved by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool can resolve these errors which are mentioned below.
- When you see that QuickBooks Database access has been refused.
- It resolved the issues when the dealer or buyer lists are null.
- When your computer contains files infected by malware or virus.
- The QuickBooks File is damaged.
- If the windows firewall is installed defectively.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool | System Requirements
This tool is compatible with every device that is already using QuickBooks and has QuickBooks installed. You can utilize this diagnostic tool’s capabilities in Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7,8, and 10. Anyway, the system needs to have a fully functional Microsoft component and a C++ platform.
How to Download and Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Following are the steps to download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- To begin with, you need to uninstall the previous version of this tool if you have one.
- Now, you need to go to intuit official websites and conduct a QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool download.
- After the uploading process ends, you have to navigate to the location where you saved the configuration and choose it.
- The dialogue box of installation will appear on the screen.
- Now, you have to accept the terms and conditions by clicking the “I agree” options. Then press the next button to proceed.
- You all have to just simply follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- Pick the location where you want to store the installation files. It is recommended to save the installation files in the C drive.
- In case, the diagnostic tool does not start automatically after the startup, then you have to press the desktop icon to open it.
Now that we know What is QuickBooks and the ways to install this QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, it is time for us to understand how to use it.
How does QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool work?
There are different parts in the connection diagnostic method that you can fully use. Let’s have a look at what they are in actuality and how we can use them.
Diagnose Connection Tab
- In this tab, you can pick the issue contained in the file. All you have to do is simply select the file and then click the diagnose/ repair button. The file will be scanned and where a mistake is found, it will be autocorrected.
Status of the Firewall
The basic configuration of the firewall needs to be configured in your windows firewall. After that, you will compare the configurations and check when your firewall has intact settings or not.
This tab is very useful for checking your system’s internet access. You may also attempt to produce a proper connection between the QuickBooks and Intuit Server. Here are the steps on how to make use of this tab.
- Click on the browse button next to the company file to find your company file.
- Now, hit the connectivity verification button.
- After the test is over, the status is shown in red if the error is found, else it is green.
- The user needs to click the “Test Connectivity” Tab.
- When you receive the file status is red, then there is a chance that the connectivity fails. In that case, the user can see the “Advanced Section, which lists all of the tested regions. Choose “What do these mean?” from the drop-down menu.
- The user needs to fix the appropriate status to run the tool again. Then, check whether the issue continues or not.
- If the issue continues and you open the “File Open Status”, The message “ successful” will appear on the screen.
The mentioned tool is mainly used for solving the errors such as the 6000 series and H series. In the above article, we have mentioned all the details related to this error and the points to solve the errors as well. We hope by reading this article you don’t encounter any issues
- Also, Read this:- Business